CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A pictureless post

Potential Reader,

So, I never thought I would actually post anything without having pictures to go along with it, but here I am composing a pictureless post. Since I have no pictures, I guess I will tell you out there in cyber space what I/we have been doing.
I am working full time as a medical secretary for the Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine. My days consist of taking care of 18 Attending physicians, 6 fellows (those completing a 3 year fellowship to be able to practice in the divison of Pediatric Emergency Medicine), and sometimes 8 pediatricians. While it may sound difficult or daunting, it's not. As the women and men I work with are pediatricians, most of them are on the playful side (a nice way to say immature and obnoxious...I think ;)), making my days fun and exciting. Aside from work, I don't do much else; clean for my mom on the weekends, hang out with family and friends, watch tv, or exercise, though we all know that last item rarely frequents my life...something I have decided to work on.
Matt is going to school at the U and working at REI. I believe he likes going to work more than school. Actually, I know he likes going to work more than school! He is in hog heaven at REI, constantly checking out all the new gadgets and whoozits. Let's face it, I married a gear junkie...not that I'm complaining. I mean, we do have quite a nice camping/biking/hiking/anything else closet that is over taking our second bedroom. It does get expensive though. Many a time I have had to put my foot down and just say no to the next "amazing" deal that comes our way...though the tears that follow (from Matt, of course) do tend to get to me.
Other than work and school our lives are fairly uneventful. We just got back from a backpacking trip that took us 18 miles in and around the Uintah's. I'm happy to report than no one got lost and I didn't pee in my shoe or down my leg...you women out there understand what a delicate art peeing in the woods can be.
Other than our occasional outdoor adventure we are just here, in Salt Lake City, trying to keep it real.

Until next time,
this in one happy camper signing off

2 comments:

Harward Happenings said...

Hey there. I had no idea you had a blog. I found it through Tessa's. Sounds like you guys have such a fun life. We'll have to go visit Matt at REI sometime since we live a whole five minutes from there.

Annalee said...

Peeing on the leg---poetic beauty.

I forget you have a blog...just like I sometimes forget I have a blog...

Where are all the pictures of me, huh??