CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 29, 2008

here we go again...


trying to put a quarter in my eye (25 cents, 25 years old...)




My wonderful computer just had a moment, like only computers can, and erased my entire post. So, on to attempt two:




I turned 25 on June 16; matt suprised me at work with doughnuts, my fav, and my present. After work, we met my family at the California Pizza Kitchen for dinner and then went to Hagen Daaz for ice cream. It was fairly uneventful, but fun!




On a more exciting note, Matt rode in the 'High Uinta Classic' bike race from Kamas to Evanston. It all began at 9:30 as he started up the mirror lake highway, gaining 5700 feet in elevation, and kept on to the finish in Evanston. My dad and I met him at the first aid station with extra water bottles, and then at the second aid station with more. Somehow we got a little confused, though, because after waiting at the second station for like 45 minutes, Matt still hadn't come through. He managed to speed ahead of us without us seeing eachother--luckily my family was at the finish line with balloons and lots of cheering. I felt so bad that I couldn't see him finish, but happy for his accomplishment: he finished second out of like 60 riders (4 hours 1 minute). Go team PUFF HAIR!!!

P.S. For those of you who love and/or care about Matt, don't read the following: About a mile before the finish line a group that Matt had tagged onto was hit by a truck. A couple of guys were taken away in an ambulance and the rest were left to walk out the race, as their bikes weren't exactly rideable after crashing into a truck. Luckily Matt was able to react in time and avoid crashing into the truck and the other who had already crashed. And yes, I did freak out and try to banish him from his bike...and yes he looked at me like I was crazy and has continued riding.




(left: at the finish line; below: taken from my car as i zoomed by him!)





starting the race!

2 comments:

Annalee said...

Ack. I'm only the worse ever. We had every intention of calling you on your birthday---the boys were going to sing, I was going to dance. Clearly I'm an idiot and didn't.

Welcome to this side of 25, nice, eh? Mason says you aren't a geezer until you hit 30.


I wish we would have known about the bike race! How cool. We would have loved to have cheered him on. WTG Matt!! (I'm ignoring the whole "hit by a bus" thing...)

Emily said...

Way to Go Matty Boy! That's awesome. At least some one in our family has a hint of athletic ability. Congrats on being a quarter of a century. It's all down hill from here!