CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 2, 2009

the sunshine through the storm

while on our way to beaver for matt's grandmothers funeral, we had a moment of pure awesomeness. the purest awesomeness ever. so pure, in fact, that we were able to capture it on film:


that's right. with a 'relish me' license plate, the official oscar meyer wiener mobile brought a ray of sunshine to our otherwise somber morning.

then there was the funeral. sad, or course, but with a big splash of humor and fun memories from matt's dad (big daddy mike), who gave the eulogy.

the whole olsen gang.


grandma helen.

a few smiles on the way home.

skylar was an absolute gem the whole day. she hardly squawked at all and slept nearly the entire car ride down and back. we've got ourselves a real travel trooper.

...



dear aunt missy,
i love my skinny giraffe jammies and am happy my mom get them out for me to wear before i outgrow them. sure the snaps bulge open around my fat belly and they're skin tight, but i love them nonetheless. so much so, in fact, that i barfed my dinner up all over them right after my mom took this picture--a true sign of love and appreciated (okay, and bingeing).
love and kisses,
skylar

3 comments:

Missy said...

Sweet Skylar-
I loved those jammies! You look so darlin in them skylar. Sounds like you weren't too impressed with them, barfing on them and all. I want to meet you and hold you so much that I wouldn't mind if you barfed all over me! Please...Please stop growing until I come to Utah!
Love, Aunt Missy

Missy said...

I can't believe you guys saw the oscar meyer car! That is pure "awesomeness". Matt we send our condolences about your Grandma. I am glad your baby was a star during the day for you.

Missy said...

p.s. call us lets do a video chat soon!!! Sorry for the million comments, we love you guys!