That's right folks, it is time for the NBA Playoffs! With the playoffs comes my first installment of the NBA All-Ugly team. In order to qualify you have to have to have been on an NBA roster in the 2008-2009 season and be horribly ugly. Without further introduction, I give you Matt's official NBA All-Ugly starting 5:
At center Chris Kaman. He is 7'0" 260 and no doubt the pride of Grand Rapids.
Starting for us at Power forward, 7' 0" from Spain, Pau Gasol. Even though he plays for the Lakers, he started his career with the Grizzlies...kind of makes me wonder if really ugly people are associated with losing. I am thinking so.
Our starting guard, 6'7" from Coatesville, PA, Rip Hamilton. In all honesty not a real ugly dude, but something about that face mask just makes me giggle.
The starting 2 guard (and really a no-brainer pick), from Glendive, MT, Adam Morrison. I don't necessarily think he is a super ugly guy, but every other person on this list I had to hunt around a little bit to find ugly pictures, not Adam. He looks like a molester or high on Meth in every photo ever taken of him. I am even a supporter of the American Moustache Institute, but he just puts the 'stache to shame.
Starting point guard, Sam Cassell. Enough said.
And the captain of the All-Time All-Ugly team. Popeye Jones. Although he retired in '03, he is still at the top of his game in my book.I hope you have enjoyed this installment of my All-Ugly team, I was going to but Dirk Nowitzki on there just because Jessi absolutely HATES him (but she calls him Burt Navinski). But there is just too much talent right now in the NBA, maybe next year.



6 comments:
Amazing lineup, Matt, truly unbeatable. Are you going to make a 2nd team, because if so, I think Utah's very own AK should make the cut: http://www.sportguide.ru/photos/kirilenko_andrei_1.jpg
This is the funniest thing EVER! Chris and I are always commenting on the uglies while we watch the games!!
I'm going to make my own roster...
You are hillarious! Only Matt would come up with this, and make a bright spot in the rest of our day! I concur with your picks, and the molester thing...scary similarities!
Gotta say that if Pau and Adam are going to remain on this list, being ugly cannot be associate with losing, because they're both Lakers and they're both about to have their way with the Jazz. GO LAKERS. (for the record, these two are rivaled by 2 jazz players anyways- Ostertag and AK47)
Jessie-- good to hear from you. Congrats on the baby. I do have to agree with you on finding some outlet for Shasta. I am hoping to get Cher to do the costuming. Again glad to be back in touch
Funny, Kaman and Cassell are two of the ugliest NBA-ers there are. Sam is a 35 year old fetus, is he not?
Post a Comment