CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

R is for romance...




I knew Matt had been planning something for our anniversary, but he wouldn't tell me what...not even a clue. When I got in my car for work this morning there was a note that told me to change my clothes after work, have two 5 dollar bills, and to wait for my next clue. The intrigue ensued. My clue led me to another clue, which led me to a text message clue, which lead me, finally, to Little Dell Reservoir, where I found a kayak and Matt cooking hamburgers (my fav). He also had Diet Dew, doughnuts, and Jalepeno chips...what a stud. After scarfing down our burgers--so as not to get attacked and murdered by the massive swarm of bees--we lugged the freaking heavy kayak down to the water and paddled around. It was lots of fun and was a total suprise. I know this is sappy and even on the cliche side of things, but I really do have the best husband in the world. He's not usually the most romantic guy I've ever met, but when he lets it out, it's pretty stinkin' good.





me and my impecable balance gondoliered our way across the reservoir...with my nice, white wunderwear hanging out...nice, i know.

i love you

waiting for matt to get our camera

P.S.
Matt & I decided to not exchange gifts--as we have a new bed coming soon and are focusing on paying for that...but I couldn't resist. I save stupid things live movie stubs, concert tickets, etc., and modged podged them on a picture frame...not bragging, cause I'm not crazy about how it turned out, but I am excited to try the whole modge podge thing again.

6 comments:

Annalee said...

Matt does good!! Chris would never do something so cool like that.


Um, can I ask (or do I want to know) why did you need 2 $5 bills? Don't strippers take singles?


No, really. I want to know!

Merilee said...

What a great husband...can you have him give Clay some pointers...Cafe Rio & shopping at the mall are getting really, really old. j/k, how thoughtful!! Count your blessings!

Emily said...

Fun. Sounds like the perfect night. You guys are the cutest couple!!

Unknown said...

how fun! I love the picture frame idea.. I may have to copy that :) Im glad you had a nice fun suprise!

Missy said...

Matt you're a sweetheart! I made sure Ken saw the post. It looks like you guys had fun. Happy Annniversary. We had a great time the other night, thanks for coming down.

Renee said...

Hey Jessie!
Thanks for commenting on my blog. I will have to add you to my list. I wish we could see you guys more. Maybe if we one day move to Utah. You and Matt are such a cute couple. Happy Anniversary!