CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 9, 2008

at least i have cute toes...right?!


So, most of my family have seen our cute toenails on Merilee's blog, but I still had to post my very own pic. It was a blast to get our toes done with Kylee and Halle, who beamed from ear to ear the whole time...perhaps one little girl more than the other!!

On to the next adventure...

Matt and I went our on our first boat run yesterday with Mike, Debbie, Greg, Mer, Kylee, and Halle. The weather was looking pretty grim, what with the dark storm clouds, wind, and rain, but we toughed it out and actually ended up with blue skies and sunshine. Of course we had a blast spending time on the water with good company, water skiing, and tubing...even when I flew off the wake, came down on the tube which, in turn, bounced me like 10 feet in the air and then face first, belly flop style into the water. I wish I could say it didn't hurt, but man oh man. It was like one of those cartoons where the dude runs into the wall, or something, and steps back with spinning eyes and little stars circling round his head. It totally stunned me! But, after taking it easy on the boat for a few minutes, I was back out for round two. And for the record, let's just say that tubing with two adults on that triangle-y shaped tube is like suicide! Matt was hovering over me as we were flying across the wake which wouldn't have been so bad if I wasn't slightly traumatized from my earlier experience and totally freaked out that my head was going to smash into his chin and send up both flying into a mangled mess in the lake. Kylee, Mer, and Halle also tubed, taking it a bit easier, and I've gotta say, Kylee is a stallion for holding on to some of the sharp turns and big waves!! And let's not forget about big Dave. He was a pro, not even knocked out of the tube by Matt. All in all it was a blast and we're sad it's probably our one and only time to get out this year.

jessi & halle

kylee

jessi & halle



P.S. Our first run on the boat was up to the Berry on the 4th of July for some fishing...where I lost my favorite Coach sunnies (some fish is totally styling). So, Matt bought me these kick ass crockeys (spelling?) that float to keep my sunglasses safe! He sported them this time since I forgot my sunglasses.



0 comments: