Lately, this sign hasn't been more true (hanging above our kitchen sink):
Kinda matches with this:
I really want one of these:
So that my sink always looks like this:
While I'm sick of dishes, drying racks, and feeling like there could be little microbes on my dishes due to the lack of a steam dry and or a power scrub, I must admit I rarely do the dishes. Matt and I have a deal: I clean the apartment & he does all the dishes. Not bad, right...until you unlock your front door and walk into a wall of stank seeping from the kitchen sink. And, to make matters worse, we have no disposal. Oh yeah, it's fun. Now, I know most of the people reading this will say, "well, i never had a disposal" or, "you should've seen the first apartment I lived in..." so let me tell you all a little somethin'...it sucks just as much now as it did then!!! I swear, the next time we move, my requirements are: no "sceebies" (as Merilee would say), a coutertop (ie: more than 1 square foot), a disposal, a dishwasher, and a washer and dryer. Call me high maintenence, lazy, or whatever else you've got...but a girls gotta have certain modern conveniences.
Signed,
Desperate for a dishwasher



4 comments:
I seriously need that sign and I have a dishwasher. Oh the joys of first apartments!!
I feel for you. . . I hate doing dishes too. . . that wrinkly, soggie, damp feeling that stays on your hands for much too long after the nasty chore is done. I love my dishwasher too. . !
The sink looks great! Nothing like a clean kitchen. When Chuck comes home from work, the first thing he sees walking in from the garage is the kitchen and the sink. I haven't always been good at keeping that clean. . . always the last thing I take care at the end of the day. But lately I have started trying to fix it up before he gets home. . . so he has that nice "aaahh!" feeling when he comes home from work. (So long as we turns a blind eye to the rest of the house which is usually torn apart. . thanks to my two little ones)
Good luck!
I totally agree with your post. There are some things you should never, I mean NEVER go without. Dishwasher being the first, and Disposal a close second. I remember in our first apartment, we had about as much counter space as you have, and so I rolled out my sugar cookies for Halloween on the kitchen table. NASTY! We also had a built in trampoline (huge bubble in our linoleum) that kept us laughing for hours! Good Times, that's for sure!
Amen sistah.
Post a Comment