Matt and I went backpacking at Naturalist Basin in the Uinta's last weekend. We hiked in about 10 miles, set up camp, got attacked by mosquitos, hiked around, and relaxed before hiking out the next day. We had originally intended to stay two nights instead of one, but we both wanted to watch the olympics...mildly pathetic, I know. It was absolutely beautiful, though, and we had a blast!
starting off on the shoreline trail

so far to go...

this awesome waterfall we found...don't worry, i won't post
the nudey pictures of my jumping in in my underoo's!
Jordan Lake




making out with the sign...hey, at that point we had gone about 20 miles in 24 hours...I was just happy to almost be done!!!


After backpacking, we met up with Missy, Ken, and family in Charleston. We were hanging out having a grand old time when all of the sudden Matt rides up on my little brothers dirt bike with blood running down his leg. I ignored his request for a bandaid and took him to the ER where he left with nearly 20 stitches. Needless to say, the rest of our weekend was pretty mellow! We had dinner at Matt's parents house on Sunday, went and checked out Greg and Whitney's new place in Spanish Fork, and then went home and watched more olympics. we're junkies, what can i say?!!
elise...a non-stop playing machine!!!
addie
P.S.
Oh, and when I say we got devoured by mosquitoes,
I wasn't kidding...these pics of Matt's back don't do it justice...especially
because he never had his shirt off:





1 comments:
Sounds like an adventure packed weekend!! I couldn't believe all of Matt's mosquito bites---they look WAY worse in person!!
Post a Comment